Submitted by Judy Griffin, Eldridge, Mo.
• 1/2 C unsalted butter, melted
• 2/3 C sugar
• 2 large eggs at room temperature
• 1 C buttermilk at room temperature
• 2 C yellow cornmeal
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 can (15 ounces) cream-style corn
• 1 can (15 ounces) whole-kernel corn, drained
Grease a 10-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, sugar, eggs and buttermilk. Using a spatula, fold in the remaining ingredients. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake about 40 minutes, or until fully cooked. Note: A 9-by-13 baking dish can be used. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until done.