Oklahoma State University has named Sheryl Tucker, dean of the OSU Graduate College, to serve as interim vice president for research and technology transfer. She will assume the post January 1, following Stephen McKeever, who is returning to his research lab in the physics department and will direct the National Energy Solutions Institute.
OSU will conduct a national search for a replacement. Paul Tikalsky, dean of the College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology, will chair a search committee with broad representation.
Prior to coming to OSU in May of 2011, Tucker served as the Program Director for the Graduate Research Fellowship Program with the National Science Foundation (NSF) in Washington D.C. She also held several positions at the University of Missouri, including associate dean of the graduate school and associate chair in the Missouri department of chemistry.
As a chemistry professor at the University of Missouri, her research has been published in prestigious journals such as Science magazine and Analytical Chemistry and funded by NSF, National Institutes of Health, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Research Corporation and the Dreyfus Foundation.
Tucker holds degrees from Kent State University, University of North Texas and completed her postdoctoral work at Duke University.
Vice President for Research and Technology Transfer Search Committee
· Chair — Dr. Paul Tikalsky, Dean, College of Engineering, Architecture, and Technology
· College of Education — Dr. Steve Marks, Professor, Director of NASA education programs
· College of Agricultural Science and Natural Resources — Dr. Brett Carver; Regents Professor and Chair, Wheat Genetics and Breeding
· College of Agricultural Science and Natural Resources — Dr. Jonathan Edelson, Professor and Associate Director, OK Agricultural Experiment Station
· Spears School of Business — Dr. Ramesh Rao, Professor and Paul C. Wise Chair in Finance
· College of Arts and Sciences — Dr. Wendy Picking, Associate Professor, Microbiology & Molecular Genetics
· College of Arts and Sciences — Dr. Ron Van Den Bussche, ADR, Regents Professor
· College of Engineering, Architecture, and Technology — Dr. Don Lucca, Regents Professor in Mechanical Engineering
· College of Engineering, Architecture, and Technology — Dr. Heather Fahlenkamp, Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering
· College of Veterinary Medicine — Dr. Tony Confer, Regents Professor, Chaired Professor, Veterinary Pathobiology
· College of Human Sciences — Dr. Nancy Betts, Regents Professor and Head of Nutritional Science
· OSU Center for Health Science — Dr. Leigh Goodson, VP and Associate Dean for Research, Associate Professor
· Graduate College — Dr. Jean Van Delinder, Associate Dean of the Graduate College and Professor of Sociology
· Graduate Council — Dr. Brenda J. Smith, Graduate Council Group I Chair, Professor of Nutritional Sciences and John and Sue Taylor Professors
· Faculty Council — Dr. Nick Materer, Associate Professor of Chemistry
· Undergraduate Research Office — Dr. Josh Ward, Director of Scholar Development & Undergraduate Research
· Graduate Student Association — Mahendran Balasubramanian, Design Housing and Merchandising
· External Representative — David Waits, Chairman of the Board of SST Software, Inc.